I have not picked up a pencil to do a drawing for at least a week but I have been really busy, and now I am sitting down in front of the computer procrastinating again.
I decided my problem was that I did not have the proper working space in my room; this is true because I have to clear all one activity away before starting on another. I like to draw and I like to sew, but I also like to leave things out and not tidy them away immediately.
So I needed to remove the double bed from the middle of the room to create space for another table and I found the exact bed I needed in a charity shop in Felixstowe. A single bed with an under bed for the second mattress – perfect. The bed was bought and brought home and then the house disintegrated into chaos………… Well I won’t go into the gory details but by the end of the afternoon, almost every room in the house had been affected what with clearing out underneath the bed, finding new bedding, rearranging furniture and generally having a good spring clean.
I had to do some hard thinking about some of the stuff I found and I found myself side tracked several times especially when I found some photos and slides. It is hard to put things to one side and to decide to let them go, I find myself clinging – clinging to old balls of wool and the person I once was.
- I am giving away all (and I mean all) the yarn that I have decided I will never knit – Swish your Stash coming up on Sunday and I AM GOING. I am keeping sock yarn and hat yarn.
- I have found all the photos of the quilts I have made and I am going to scan them and make a book for myself of the time in my life when I made quilts.
- I have a lovely open space in the middle of my room.
- I have a table for sewing and writing and a table for art.
- I still have a huge mess to clear up on the landing and in other parts of the house but I will do that later (uh oh! procrastinating again)
- I feel better.
Anyone else been procrastinating? Springcleaning (arghhhh)? Letting things go?