Just a quickie again this week…..
I finished the rose hips, it was such a tiny picture (5ins x 3ins) it did not take up too much time. But the photo I took to put in the blog was not good, photographing white paper – ARGGGH.
Scrabbling around the Internet I found reference to image editing software called Pixelmator, and I downloaded the app for a 30 day free trial. Well, I am very happy with it, especially after my very frustrating experiences with Gimp. Gimp ‘0’ Pixelmator ’10’! Obviously I need to practise but there are a bunch of tutorials on YouTube so I am happy.
So now I am learning photo editing………. Anyway at least I can cut out my image and place it on a white background thus solving the photography problem. The colour editing tools seem good so I can colour match if I want to. I worked on the Tangutica again and ‘beefed’ up the intensity of the colour in the drawing. The yellow in the image is still not ‘true’ even with my photo editing.